Greetings from Gondwana Herbs..
We are all aware of the rich biodiversity that exists within the district of Gadchiroli. Gadchiroli holds a significant place for the state of Maharashtra when it comes to the potential of bioresources it sustains the numerus benefits linked with their usage for humanity and the livelihoods of numerous communities that depend on it. It is a unique initiative of the Forest Division of Gadchiroli- the “Gondwana Herbs” initiative.Funded by the forest department and implemented by the VanaushadiVaidu Mandal of Gadchiroli, the initiative focusses on conservation and sustainable use of bio resources through active participation and direct engagement of the providers of bioresources on one hand and making elementary value additions to the bioresources procured through technology and traditional knowledge.
Gondwana Herbs, housed within the premises of Gadchiroli Forest Division
1. Direct sourcing of pure/high quality bio resources from communities, providers of bioresources through an extended network of BMC’s/JFMC’s
2. Collection centers for storing, sorting, grading and drying
3. Pulverizing unit for powder preparation
4. Dedicated infrastructure for preparation of oils, jams and sharbat from raw bioresources.
5. Honey processing unit
6. Packaging, weighing and mixing facility
7. Lathe machine for carving wooden glasses made from Bija tree etc.
8. Over a hundred medicinal plant species and a vast pool of associated traditional knowledge.